I've been getting better at spotting these absolute weirdos.
The main problem is that they seem to prefer shade, making not just spotting but photography a bit tricky.
Sometimes you get a closer encounter than you'd like though. They sling their webs a bit higher than triangle orb weavers, but I
still ended up raking this one's apart with the top of my head.
It landed on my shirt sleeve, and I had a few precious moments to snap some photos one-handed. That is not a happy spidey by the way. Pretty sure when they rear up like that, you're about to get bitten. My shirt was comfortably loose though and hanging apart from my skin, so I was fairly confident it would not get through. Which did not stop me from quickly brushing it off with my camera lens the moment it made a move.
No comments:
Post a Comment