Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Werwolfe in the can

"Ben’s column has appeared every day. I don’t ordinarily read it - but I’ve made it my business to know, this time."
"Canned columns! Mr. Kilgallen told me so."
"Of course. Some of Ben’s perennial series on corrupt campaign funds. That’s a subject as safe as being in favor of Christmas."
 
- Stranger in a Strange Land
 
 
Help, I've been abducted for holding alien thoughts!
I'm leaving to visit family soon and though I could log in from there I'd rather not bother, so I'll be doing something unprecedented in my dozen years ranting nonsensically: set up a buffer of posts in advance, just like them professional-type journalists and sequential artists. So tune in, dear readers, over the coming six weeks and you'll be treated to not one but two sundry daguerreotypes, two Cowboy Bebop reminiscences, two webcomic reviews, two gaming commentaries, one anti-religious rant, two rants against the wokeysition, and also some puns 'cause they've really been piling up. Or should I say punning up? I probably shouldn't.
 
On second thought, I don't want my apartment burgled for broadcasting it'll be empty, so I'm moving this announcement to my return date.
No matter though, I'm sure it'll make just as much sense then.
Ah, professionalism.

__________________________________________

edit 2023/07/19
Hmph. I didn't entirely make it. Had to log in while away to write up or edit several pages, and one long rant was replaced by a blurb about Cole Porter. So much for my half-assed attempt at amateur professionalism. I remain, as always, Chaotic Neutral.
Bite me.
Ah, well, c'est la vie, might as well play it where it lies and let this auto-publish as scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment