Friday, October 11, 2024

New Story: Re-Habilis

It has been three solid years since I last dared post a fiction story, so to motivate myself I decided to just imitate a bigwig. Well, not without putting my own spin on the material, motivated partly out of spite at others spinning that same material in nonsensical directions the past decades. But then, you always knew I was a biter, didn't you?
 
It's still short but giving me a chance to try some action sequences and makes good practice for plotting out some longer, novella-caliber yarns, which I haven't tried in... literally decades... and never completed successfully even back then. So even if you hate this result, I'm liking the process.
 
I'm actually planning a companion piece to this (different plot, different viewpoint, just same theme) to put up in a month or two. Also, since the previous couple of stories I posted (Buggy and Deliver) were composed bottom-up from their premise and didn't turn out as coherent as I'd hoped, I've plotted this one ahead of time, mostly completed the second and third chapters (but am tossing the first up there now to light a fire under my own ass to finish faster) and will post the final installments over the coming weekend on the story's very own page: Re-Habilis!

No comments:

Post a Comment