Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Jesus is my cigarette filter

Funny thing happened today on my way to the computer. Forced to comply with the new form of American compulsory bankrolling of insurance corporations, I signed up for health insurance. The process was as unbearably dull for the most part as might be expected from a smokescreen designed to distract from their disgusting profiteering off human misery, but one stage of one particular questionnaire made me chuckle.

"Do you smoke" is a fairly predictable question. Being asked how much you smoke is a logical variation. However, being asked how much you smoke outside religious use is as hilarious an example as any of the destructively facetious irrationality of political correctness. So long as you're huffin' an' puffin' in the name of the Great Spirit, he'll keep your P53 in its proper 53 !

To her credit, the bored minimum-wage functionary on the other end of the phone didn't even miss a beat when I started giggling.

P.S. I know it's April 1st and all, but honestly, I could not make this stuff up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment