Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"Lilacs" !

---
Lindsey Stirling - Take Flight
---
 
The weather was lovely yesterday, a nearly freezing dawn breaking into a sunny, rapidly warming, breezy day, so I went for a walk in a nearby natural park, to be homosexually serenaded by the finches and warblers and whatnot. Photographed a few late-season snowdrops (it's been a cold spring, as per winter being delayed later and later every year) almost drove over a squirrel, guessed which way a forest trail would loop, metabolized me sum vitamin D on a tree stump, good times all around.
 
But I just couldn't place the name of this one flower... you know, the purple-ish one? Lavender? Was it lavender? No, wait, that's the knee-high one; this one's... come on, it even has a color named after it... And it's not like I didn't know what lilacs are. I grew up in a city full of the damn things. When my memory lapse finally broke, it opened into a montage of childhood memories.
 
It's weird feeling old synapses you forgot you'd so painstakingly built for yourself creak and click in appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment