Monday, July 25, 2016

My Banished Are All Goths

"Well I live with snakes and lizards
And other things that go bump in the night"

Ministry - Everyday is Halloween


Well, I mean, I guess if I name my Banished village Nyctimus it might attract a certain breed of settler. Still nearly did a Mountain Dew spit-take when glancing through the game manual description of the cemetery.

Happiness boost? No, I get reducing the unhappiness upon a family member's death, that's fine, but a happiness boost for proximity? You people wanna phone up a real estate agent and maybe ask whether "location location location" includes rotting corpses? I've moved a few times in my life. I've seen apartment complexes and housing developments advertise nearby schools, mass transit, parking lots, entertainment and amenities within walking distance, etc. Though not actively avoided as much as waste treatment plants or paper mills, I don't think I've ever heard anyone anywhere, ever, proudly advertise a place as "graveyard adjacent."

Wait, no, there was that one guy:

"I got a good vibe from this place. Nice, long dinner table; quiet, well behaved spiders; graveyard adjacent"
- Bender the robot

No comments:

Post a Comment